Medical Care for the Whole Family in Metro Detroit
Choosing the right family medical practice for your needs can be a hard choice. At Family Practice Centre of Livonia and Canton, we have been serving the medical needs of the metro Detroit area since 1965. With the experience of our skilled physicians helping to solve your medical needs, you will be putting your entire family's health and well-being in good hands.
The Patient-Doctor Partnership
The health and wellness of our patients is a top concern of this office. Providing the best possible care to every patient is our primary goal. The only way we can meet this goal is if doctors and patients work together. This concept is called the patient-centered medical home.
- Ask questions, share your feelings and be a part of your care.
- Be honest about your history, symptoms and other important information about your health.
- Tell your doctor about any changes in your health and well-being.
- Take your medicine as prescribed, and follow your doctor's advice.
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle.
- Prepare for and keep scheduled visits or reschedule visits in advance whenever possible.
- Call your doctor first with all problems unless it is a medical emergency.
- End every visit with a clear understanding of your doctor's expectations, treatment goals and future plans.
- Explain diseases, treatments and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- Listen to our patients' feelings and questions; help them make decisions about their care.
- Keep treatments, discussions and records private.
- Provide 24-hour access to medical care and same-day appointments whenever possible.
- Provide instructions on how to meet your health care needs when the office is not open.
- Care for you to the best of our abilities, based on our understanding of current medical methods available.
- Give our patients clear directions about medications and other treatments.
- Send our patients to trusted experts, if needed.
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatment goals and future plans.